Railed Vehicle
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BigJon

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2014 :  05:54:13  Show Profile
What category would a railed vehicle come under. It shall have three or more contact points with the tracks. Also what is the current speed record over 200m for such a vehicle. I am a bit confused which category it belongs in. Any help would be much appreciated.

Don S

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2014 :  16:34:16  Show Profile
The IHPVA does not specify what type of surface a vehicle must run on. My opinion is that the three or more contact points would place your vehicle in the multi-track or trike class. The current 200M speed record for this class is 72.94 mph and was set at the 2014 World Human Powered Speed Challenge (WHPSC) in Battle Mtn, Nevada by Australian Gareth Hanks. A rail attempt to set a new official speed record for this class would have to comply with the general requirements for a record attempt as further defined on this web site.

Don

"it's important to understand what makes them fast. It's more important to understand what keeps them from going faster." DS
Go to Top of Page

BigJon

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2014 :  05:27:58  Show Profile
Thanks Don S. I was just not too sure, because powered speed records have a separate category for railed vehicles.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IHPVA Forums © 2008 International Human Powered Vehicle Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000