Air
 I'm New
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a

1 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2010 :  20:23:46  Show Profile
Hey everyone. I'm new here. Please forgive my ignorance but I know nothing about aerodynamics. I guess you could say I've just been bitten buy the human powered flight bug. My question is, has anyone been successful yet? Who's been the most successful so far? It's really hard to find any human powered helicopters online. Any info would be appreciated.

bigbody

3 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  06:06:56  Show Profile  Visit bigbody's Homepage
hi man i am new here to i think humans can fly only only with the power of they muscles i have read some informations for that and i watched it on tv to :)

Edited by - Don S on 04/25/2012 22:13:06
Go to Top of Page

Talos

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  07:30:43  Show Profile  Visit Talos's Homepage
A memorable human powered flight was made by Bryan Allen (an American cyclist) when he flew his pedal powered fixed-wing aircraft (named Gossamer albatross) across the English channel on the 12th June 1979; a distance of 23 miles (36 km). Since then, we have been flying human powered fixed-wing aircraft on a regular basis.

The longest flight using human power to date, was carried out by Kanellos Kanellopoulos (a Greek cycling champion) in 1988, when he flew a fixed-wing aircraft from Crete to the island of Santorini, a distance of 74 miles (119 km) in under four hours. His aircraft was named Daedalus, in commemoration of a Greek mythological flight from Crete to Santorini.

No one has flown a human powered ornithopter that can fly like a bird, from the ground up, using flapping wings only.

This is mankind's oldest dream and it still hasn't been acheived.

Edited by - Talos on 05/28/2012 07:40:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IHPVA Forums © 2008 International Human Powered Vehicle Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000