IHPVA Junior category and multi-track categories
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeanCostin

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  15:26:19  Show Profile

The IHPVA board has unanimously approved the details of 2 new categories for records:

IHPVA Junior Category
ages
11 and under
12-14 years
15-17 years
Age will be determined by birth date.

Records set in Junior categories will occupy higher Junior and or adult records (excluding Masters ) if they are exceeded.
The participant age is measured as of the day of the record attempt. If the attempt spans more than one calendar day, age is determined at the time when the participant first crosses the starting line.
The above classes apply to male and female categories.
Recognition of the above classes will be retroactive to the date of incorporation of the IHPVA. If the participant was riding in an IHPVA sanctioned or organized event, the timekeeping information from that event will be recognized. If the event was not IHPVA sanctioned or organized, the participant must submit supporting documentation in accordance with Rule 8.0

IHPVA Multitrack Category

Multitrack: A multitrack vehicle is defined as a tricycle (also known as a "trike") or any other vehicle having 3 or more contact points with the ground, arranged so that the vehicle will run on 2 or more tracks with a minimum track width of 250 mm and designed so that the vehicle is continuously supported on said tracks at all times.
Recognition of the above vehicle type will be retroactive to the date of incorporation of the IHPVA. If the participant was riding in an IHPVA sanctioned or organized event, the timekeeping information from that event will be recognized. If the event was not IHPVA sanctioned or organized, the participant must submit supporting documentation in accordance with Rule 8.0

If you have any questions regarding interpretation of these rules I can address them.

Sean Costin
IHPVA VP LAND

n/a

10 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  09:46:02  Show Profile
Much thanks to the board for moving these forward.

I am curious what the logic was for the 17 year old max age for the Junior category? I thought most comments on this and the recumbents.com forums had gravitated around 18 years old, which also aligns it with national and international cycling federations.

Regards,
Raymond
Go to Top of Page

SeanCostin

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  18:53:52  Show Profile
Raymond,

Since we do not use "Racing age" like the UCI where if you have an 18th birthday any time in the calendar year, your racing age is 18 for that year. Our systems can never align.

So in UCI, If you have a December birthday, your racing age is about 11 months in advance of your real birthday. Not very fair.

Sean
Go to Top of Page

n/a

15 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2012 :  15:27:51  Show Profile
Will there be a 6,5, or 4 and under class?

I will eagerly await to see and hear of the first 24 hour winners.

Will there be contests extended to 1 week or several months?

Where is the real critique needed to get people truly interested in the value of human powered possibilities? Everyone is an expert? Where are the experts anyway? I see that raymondg is "curious" about the "logic" but is there really any logic to category's that stray away from ideas that actually become useful and used by a larger group within society rather than just a few wild weird odd people???

If critique is the wrong way to start or get started then where are the people with real ideas? Ideas such as making human powered movement a way into the future rather than a sport with a trophy for one while the rest that come close go hide until they are able to do better next time... yeah... uh-huh... surly.

... I know... I know... just my opinion.

MoronInventor
Go to Top of Page

Larry Lem

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  07:46:46  Show Profile
Moroninventor,
Discussion has already taken place. It was time to make a decision.

Larry Lem
Go to Top of Page

Don S

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  18:26:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by robonvac

rather than a sport with a trophy for one while the rest that come close go hide until they are able to do better next time...

The IHPVA records aren't postings of the results from individual events but are the compilation of new or unique human powered vehicle achievements spanning decades. It has been my experience that the organizers of the individual IHPVA sanctioned events do give recognition and grant awards not only for the best performances but also to competitors that come close as well as those that achieve personal bests.
quote:
...where are the people with real ideas? Ideas such as making human powered movement a way into the future...
There are many such people within the international community. You are welcome to join the IHPVA and get involved.

Don

"it's important to understand what makes them fast. It's more important to understand what keeps them from going faster." DS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IHPVA Forums © 2008 International Human Powered Vehicle Association Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000